Skin rejuvenation is a treatment to resurface your skin, or to improve the texture, clarity and overall appearance of your skin. If you want to improve the appearance of your skin, skin rejuvenation or resurfacing may be right for you.
Skin rejuvenation can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser treatments to chemical peels and other non-ablative methods. The result is a smoother, clearer and more youthful appearance to your skin.
Conditions that can be treated include:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements. These are best treated by a combination of soft tissue fillers (Sculptra, Radiesse, Juvederm), laser treatments, and possibly surgical correction.
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions. These are perfect for treatment with BOTOX.
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, melasma, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure. The primary treatment for these conditions is skin care products such as retinoids (Retin-A) and Hydroquinone. When these alone are not enough, then laser treatments are the answer.
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders. Laser treatments, silicone gel or sheets, and possibly surgery are the keys to scar treatment success.
- Vascular conditions & Rosacea: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness. Laser treatments ablate these tiny blood vessels.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that results in a loss of skin firmness, or the development of cellulite. Laser skin tighteningis the answer to helping the skin’s cells to produce new collagen and elastin.